Are you interested in a job as a assistant, but without prior experience? No worries! This is a great career opportunity for anyone who doesn’t need any previous experience. Many people start from a basic level and move up to more lucrative jobs.
Virtual assistant, also known as “VA”, is a business entrepreneur that provides online support utilities for valuable clients from various industries around the world. This is done on a virtual basis. The virtual assistance offers business services remotely or at home.
The services offered by the virtual assistants can comprise everything from administrative tasks to social media to teaching services.
The VA can manage multitasking tasks effectively. The VA has the capability to manage the social media accounts of a blogger sitting in other part of the country or can manage the back-office management of a travelling life-coach based in the Australia while the VA sitting in India or any part of the country. These are just a few examples.
The virtual assistants should create an account in the LinkedIn professional community.
LinkedIn links professionals and beginners in a field.
The LinkedIn is populated with bunch of professionals and experts in each industry. To stay informed, you can contact the professionals experts.
Learn and observe other people to help you learn.
The VA offers four major divisions for remote services:
General administrative services
- Below is a list of admin services you could offer your client to be a Virtual Assistant.
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market analysis is necessary to target the audience.
- Follow-up with valued clients/customers regularly via correspondence or online.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows users to mark appointments and record events on an electronically managed calendar.
- File Management (manage their files and organize them using Dropbox/Google Dri ve, etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Book your Hotel Room or Flight Reservations
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for online courses, webinars and conferences, or other meetings.
- Monitoring and recruiting remote freelance workers like a web designer, video editor or videographer.
- Personal jobs: booking events and restaurants, booking surprise gifts, reserving tables, shifting homes, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
This is a way to market product or service using digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing methods such as Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing and Product Marketing are growing all over the globe. VA services are necessary for these many options.
Each digital marketing strategy has a lot of potential for improvement. Therefore, measuring each strategy is crucial.
According to digital marketing, analytics and metrics matter everything.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. The online marketers promote product, create brand awareness among the consumers across the world.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Search Engine Optimization is the practice adopted by the SEO or e-commerce organizations to maximize the visitor count, increase the traffic, populate the website using the optimization methods. The optimization techniques are used both through online and offline mode.
- SMO The process of increasing the brand’s awareness and popularity across social media platforms and groups in order to get public attention is called Social Media Optimization.
- Marketing on Facebook – Online marketing helps to create brand popularity. They set up facebook pages and follow up regularly. To gain popularity, marketers create ads.
- Twitter Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a twitter account and following up with them on a regular basis. The advertisers create advertisements in order to gain popularity.
- Instagram Advertising – The online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating an Instagram account. They also keep in touch with their followers. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- YouTube Market – YouTube marketing allows users to create virality and post videos. Create a channel and upload videos on various topics like fashion, child psychology and hair styling.
- Pinterest Market – Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest as a platform to increase product and business awareness. Pinterest is used to drive website traffic and attract attention from the audience.
- email marketing – email marketing is sending messages or commercial content to clients via email. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- branding – brand actions are taken by organizations to make them stand out from peers and other emerging rivals. The branding strategies are implemented to strengthen your position in the market. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid Advertising – Online marketers make use to publish paid advertisements on websites and in other search engines, to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples for Creative Jobs that are in High Demand:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Create Infographics
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch new product or service – pdf, ebooks, flyers, mock-ups, business cards, banners, etc.
- Video editing and creation
Online Teaching services
You can divide the teaching services into two broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring in English and other languages for students, working professionals, or homemakers.
2. Teaching services through video tutorials “How to”
There are very few examples of this:
- How to create a profitable online course
- How to create graphics using Canva / Picmonkey / Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive/ Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited information
- How to make instructional video
- How to bake pancakes, ice-cream cakes, sugar-free muffins, whole wheat bread/cookies, etc.
- How to make party makeup and hairstyles in just 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF Workbooks or Worksheets
- How to take professional photos for Instagram/Facebook
- How to become an Amazon / eBay branded affiliate selling
- How to automate Pinterest market
- How to draw faces and images for comics books
- There are many online resources to help you learn about and become familiar with work at home jobs.
Which soft skills match up with clients to work remotely?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be professional – It is important to show professionalism in all interactions with clients.
- Take initiative. As a virtual owner of a business, clients expect you quickly to understand and analyze the tasks and to act promptly to address any doubts.
- Problem-solving skills Clients should expect you to be able forecast problems and then present a solution.
- Effective – With experience, your work efficiency and continued efforts to grow your business will go a long way.
- Persistence – Sometimes you will be faced with a time-bound assignment, or have to put in extra effort to complete the task. Your ability to persevere in difficult situations and your reliability will reflect on you.
- Good communication – Clients require you to update them regularly with an open mind. Being professional does not mean asking clients for reminders or asking them to update you on the work.
- Task Organization skills Your ability manage multiple tasks, following the schedules, and focusing on one thing at time will help you manage valuable client projects.
Which tools is the VA going to need?
Below are some basic tools you’ll need before you start taking on client work.
- Google Docs – for creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox File sharing tool
- WordPress– For creating and managing websites
- Email market tool MailChimp.
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These agencies are intermediaries that help people get jobs in the virtual assistant industry.
Follow the websites such as Indeed, Upwork, Time to find out the virtual assistant jobs.
Make sure that your search queries are related to the field before you enter the what-where sections.
Virtual assistant is assigned a job profile that has multi-tasking potential as the job description covers various skills.
Virtual assistants support law firms, finance companies, start-ups and other businesses by providing administrative, technical, and customer service. You can open a virtual business and work remotely with clients from all over the globe.
You will need to learn new skills depending on the job profile.
The most highly-paid virtual assistants must dedicate their full-time to client support and web-designing.